What is a Parish Nurse?
A Parish Nurse is a registered professional nurse who serves as a member of the ministry staff of a faith community to promote the health and well being of the congregation, its families, and the individual members.
The nurse serves the faith community through the independent practice of nursing as defined by the Florida Nurse Practice Act. The Parish Nurse responds to a special call from our Lord to minister to the holistic health and well being of the mind, body, and spirit of the faith community.
The Parish Nurse can help when:
- You have concerns about your physical or emotional health
- You don’t understand something your doctor has told you
- You need information about community resources or health care options
- You or someone you know is going to be hospitalized or have surgery
- You need health information
- You are feeling overwhelmed by life’s challenges
- You desire prayer for health concerns
To contact our Susanne Jones, our Parish Nurse, please call 386-314-6047